While we all embrace the rules of our dual life underwater I believe few of us think that these rules may also apply as life lessons above water. I found myself often looking to my time underwater and using my experiences and the things I have learned in day to day life.
Photo Credit: Corrie…
Scuba life lessons
- Remain confident and calm in times of difficulty; don’t stress, just relax
- Never forget to look around and enjoy the scenery
- Don’t take the little things for granted, they are often the most enjoyable things in life
- The burdens we have shouldn’t be viewed as inconveniences but instead view them as support and an experience to keep us moving forward
- In times of difficulty look around, your buddy will be there for you
- While looking to a friend don’t forget to be self sufficient; your buddy may need you someday
- Face your fears with a giant stride into the unknown
- Try not to kick up too much dirt, it may create problems for you in the future and it will be hard to view the finer things in life
- If you are ever in doubt always look back and remember the basics you have learned
- Never forget, just keep breathing
What life lessons did scuba learn you?
Let us know in the comments belowPlanning a scuba trip? Then you should download the ultimate scuba dive checklist just like 5000+ other divers already so you will not forget to bring anything.Article written by: Andrew Gendron who is a scuba instructor in North Carolina. He’s been diving in various locations around the world but the majority of his experiences are along the eastern coast of the United States. He continues to explore and record various wrecks off of the Carolina coast.